Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Beginnings

I've decided to begin a new handcrafting blog that can easily be found and complement my upcoming Etsy boutique.

My boutique is called Bountiful Designs. I will be selling small, usually one-of-a-kind crocheted/knitted/sewn/quilted items such as scarves/shawls, hats, purses, baby items, doggy duds, kitchen items, and little quilts. I will also feature handmade jewelry, goat milk soap, soy candles, home decor. I will add pottery as soon as I can get a ceramic studio set up. I will also carry vintage collectibles of linens, teacups, EAPG, Depression glass, fashion jewelry, little toys, and figurines.

I am taking a lifetime of crafting and collecting, and turning them into a home business. I've been crocheting since I was eight years old, sewing and quilting since I was ten, knitting since twelve, making jewelry since high school. I love collecting vintage items and will post of my finds and sales.

I'm an RN of 35+ years' experience and ready to retire. But I want something to retire into. So here it is. I will be updating at least twice a week, but will make the effort to blog often.

I'm also a writer of historical fiction, sci'fi/fantasy and poetry; I aspire to be published, but that's a whole 'nother blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment