Saturday, October 15, 2011

New Dishcloths/Washcloths



Washcloths of 100% cotton, 8" x8", single crochet ripples. I'm making several, eventually for sale for $6.99 each. Colors: Spa white, goldenrod, kiwi, thus far. I might add an aqua or ice blue.

I love these, especially the white. They fit in with my "spa" bathroom, hold soap well, great exfoliant, durable, washable, and very pretty. I'm also making goat milk soap bars in creamy white and kiwi green like the washcloths, with the "Twilight"-type calming fragrance, and a blood orange energizing fragrance to eventually sell. I'm trying out the soap fragrance to see if the colors will change. Last February I made chocolate-scented soap and the colors and the fragrance changed over time.

Below are several new dishcloths I made for my own use. I've been making and using crocheted dishcloths for years, using a hodge podge of different patterns, sizes and shapes. This time I'm using the single crochet ridged pattern, 6.5"x 6.5";  fits in my hands, holds soap, doesn't ravel, washes well, stays in shape, stays pretty. The tri-colored one in the middle was my take on the candy corn colors :)

More later.




No comments:

Post a Comment