Friday, January 27, 2012

Leaves

 I have a love for leaves. I really do. I love the tendrils and the muted colors. I love the gentle curve and the veining. And I love leaves as a design element.  I use real leaves as castings, stampings and stencils. I crochet leaves. Big ones such as those in the picture - great as coasters or dishcloths or in the spa; little ones to embellish a scarf, and tiny ones for cards. Leaves are pretty. We once had a liquidambar in front of the house. It had broad leaves that change colors with the seasons. Tom and I loved that part of the tree -- but it had these golfball-sized pods with spikes. We could have tolerated the pods, and it could have stayed if not for the bathroom plumbing getting tangled up with roots!! Whatta nightmare!  I was once told that I reminded someone of Marianne Dashwood for my love of leaves. But I'm not the drama queen that Ms. Dashwood is..actually I'm more like her sister Elinor in keeping to myself.

But I digress...anyway, leaves.


No comments:

Post a Comment